| || The Turner Story |
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Cartoon Network and Boomerang are seeking a dynamic leader and best in class social media thinker for the role of Director of Social Media Marketing. This is an incredible opportunity for a confident leader to come in and work on a rapidly growing brand to execute in the social media sphere to drive the brand forward. The marketing team at Cartoon Network leads brand strategy and execution for favorites like Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Adventure Time, Steven Universe and Teen Titans Go! as well as new shows like Craig of the Creek, Summer Camp Island, Apple & Onion and more. Boomerang is our streaming service that features the best of timeless animation from Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry and more along with all new shows like Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, Wacky Races, New Looney Tunes and many more to come. The Director of Marketing for Social Media at Cartoon Network and Boomerang is in charge of the complete social media strategy and execution for both brands. We are looking for a candidate who will come in and lead two distinct teams, one for each brand. The Director will lead a team of social media professionals to direct and control the social media marketing, monetization and content creation for both brands.
What will you be doing?
What do we require from you?
- Creating 360 social media campaigns
- Working across the business to partner with Programming, Research, Consumer Marketing, Consumer Products, Digital and Games and more to develop correct strategies and execution
- Work with research and in-house analytics teams to learn and adjust plans based on actionable conclusions
- Develop and nurture relationships with platform partners including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and others.
- Direct social staff to create assets, coordinate posting and work with outside vendors as needed to help achieve goals
- Be on top of trends in the social space and assure that Cartoon Network and Boomerang are leading the way with platforms and creative
- Work with the team to develop a sense of community around these brands, engaging fans through social media to develop affinity for Cartoon Network and Boomerang
- Work collaboratively with Cartoon Network Studios, Warner Brothers and other partners to develop content and social strategies
- Communicate strategy and insights on social media to senior management
- Communicate calendars and strategy to global social teams
But wait, there’s more!
- 8-10 years of experience in marketing and social media
- A strong work ethic - Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Experience working with multiple partners to achieve strategic goals
- A great attitude and the ability to be a self-starter
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.