| || The Turner Story |
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Senior Analyst of Business Intelligence (BI) for Boomerang will play a key role within Boomerang's Data and Analytics group - working closely with stakeholders and executive leadership to understand key business drivers around acquisition, engagement and retention. Boomerang is a joint venture between Turner and Warner Brothers and this role will need to recognize the many interests that will need to be considered to support these business drivers. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for providing research, modeling, analysis and guidance using modeling and Data Sciences techniques to develop business solutions that effectively support the business model. Solutions typically involve formulating, designing and developing decision support models, proofs-of-concept, and prototypes to solve complex business problems or processes.
The Senior Analyst of BI will use their knowledge of product analytics, marketing lifecycle economics, audience analysis and engagement pattern finding and time series analysis to work with a broad set of business partners. Appreciation for data quality, data shaping and inferential statistics will be required to uncover insights for improving and accelerating decision making across all aspects of Boomerang.
What will you be doing?
- Goals & Tasks Synthesize daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc data points into purposeful cause-and-effect analysis; distinguished candidates will be able to modify communications based on audience (un)familiarity.
- Lead and deploy the data quality and audit practices on enterprise data sets.
- Lead the monitoring of product performance: subscription health; subscriber lifecycle; churn analysis; audience segmentation and engagement and, have a clear understanding of campaign effectiveness for paid, earned and owned media.
- Lead and develop sensor systems to identify the early signs of performance shortfall.
- Communicate and escalate urgency commensurate to business impact(s).
- Work with leadership to provide clear and understandable metrics/analyses that enable stakeholders to make data-informed decisions.
- Serve as the internal SME for marketing science techniques: classification modeling; segmentation, simulation and time series analysis.
- Consider yourself a necessary business player in a start-up product where your role is critical to ensuring that the product / business stakeholders are asking the right performance questions and answering these questions with accurately and appropriately.
- Based in Atlanta, this role will require limited travel to work with various stakeholder teams and present findings to stakeholder groups primarily located in New York, Philadelphia and Burbank.
What do we require from you?
- This role requires an MS-level understanding of inferential statistics and commercial experience communicating advanced statistical concepts to less initiated audiences.
- An MS degree in economics, mathematics, applied statistics, engineering, analytics or data science; PhD preferred.
- Commercial programming experience with SAS (or R), Python and SQL
- A history of technical roles with increasing responsibility and visibility
- 5 years of agency and /or consulting experience preferred (post-degree)
- A history of procuring, processing, securing and auditing big data assets
- Experience translating complex statistical and econometric findings into spreadsheet (XLS) and presentation (PPT) communications
- Experience with subscription products and their lifecycle components
- Familiarity with matrix organizations and shared-resource environments
- Comfortable taking a problem statement from diagnosis to delivery with limited supervision
- Ability to assess, document and recommend scope-appropriate analytical and visualization tools
But wait, there’s more!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.