| || The Turner Story |
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
This exciting role oversees day-to-day execution for all TNT and TBS unscripted social media channels. Working closely with marketing, development, PR and product teams, this candidate will be in charge of community management, talent/influencer coordination and agency partnerships. The social media manager should be a creative and strong marketer, a proficient copywriter and someone who stays up on pop culture and technological trends.
Working with the Director, Audience Development and Digital Sponsorship, the Manager will set strategy and execute on the social voice and presence of a show throughout it’s life, beginning with strategy, planning and following through with execution and reporting.
What will you be doing?
- Develops, implements and monitors all social platforms across shows making sure goals are aligned across teams, creative is cohesive, messaging is consistent, content is strategically distributed, sponsorship requirements are met
- Create, execute and maintain social content calendars across multiple shows and multiple platforms that include heavy copywriting.
- General project and campaign management.
What do we require from you?
- Develop social media strategies for the show and talent.
- Manage and execute planning, creative and budgets for paid social media campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal creative teams and external agencies to develop video and social content for shows.
- Day-to-day communication and relationship development with show producers and talent.
- Plan and execute social boot camp training/presentations to producers and talent.
- Present and merchandise work to producers, talent, internal partners/teams, etc.
- Develop relationships with digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Apple, etc.) for large-scale partnerships, access to betas, deeper integrations, etc.
- Develop and manage relationships/scopes with social agencies, analytics/reporting vendors, software companies and other companies to be rolled out across teams.
- Ongoing collaboration with On–air, Media, PR, Research, Turner Studios and other networks to develop strategies and processes that can impact work at a greater scale and speed.
- Researching trends, start-ups, and emerging media in order to innovate and develop prototypes, launch experiments, etc.
- Train internal departments/teams on new trends, consumer behavior, upcoming technologies and other industry practices.
- 5-7 years of social media experience managing social content marketing campaigns either client or agency side. Entertainment brand experience a very strong preference
- Must be social media savvy, have an active presence on social media platforms with an extensive knowledge of social media platforms.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Exceptional project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills in order to manage multiple creative agencies
- Ability to coordinate with various types of people and personalities across multiple departments and levels of seniority.
- Good judgment, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Creative and collaborative work ethic
- Positive attitude and high level of professionalism.
- Love of television and entertainment.
Education level: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Digital Media, Advertising, Marketing or related field
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.