The Product Manager will be responsible for overseeing HBO’s Home Entertainment physical & digital business in the UK & Ireland. They will provide support to the UK Director to ensure that all of HBO’s DVD, Blu-Ray & Digital releases are a success. They will be responsible for all Product Management & Marketing of HBO’s products in territory. Key aspects of the position include overseeing the digital & physical release strategy across the UK & Ireland, product lifecycle management of HBO’s portfolio, product pricing, media & PR briefing and building strong working relationships with distribution partners Warner Bros. The Product Management team sits alongside the Creative Marketing Team & the Sales Team with the role of communicating HBO’s strategic goals & approach. Revenue delivery, brand focus & product planning are the heart of the Product Management team. The successful applicant will be highly organized, have excellent attention-to-detail and possess strong Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- In conjunction with the UK Director and in close collaboration with other HBO stakeholders, develop UK & Ireland franchise strategies and manage product lifecycle for assigned franchises with the goal of maximizing long-term revenue and profit whilst protecting HBO’s premium brand.
- Oversee HBO’s physical & digital release schedule planning title launches across UK & Ireland
- Determine release strategy (format, street date, packaging, pricing and discounts) as well as catalogue repackaging, reformat and reprice needs.
- Create comprehensive media and publicity briefs for New Release product and catalogue initiatives
- Manage external agencies (eg Media, PR & Social agencies)
- Oversee the HBO UK website & social channels
- Track all local programming information to determine release slates based on local holdback information, windowing and rights, using internal systems (Business Objects), internal information (broadcast availability reports), and external contacts and information
- Build quarterly product presentations that detail strategic direction
- Manage volume projections and budgets for HBO’s title portfolio. Raising PO’s and managing marketing spend.
- Build a strong working relationship with our distributor Warner Bros.
- Support the UK Director on business presentations such as internal reviews or strategic overview decks
- Collaborate with the Sales team to build strong retailer programs and promotions
- Influence strategy by providing insight on sales trends using sales analysis tools
- Maintain strong working relationship with internal groups including Sales, PM, Legal, PR, Media Relations, Consumer Marketing and Business Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree - business management or marketing focus preferred
- Excellent organizational & planning skills
- Attention to detail is crucial for this role
- Understanding of marketing strategies and tactics
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of retail (physical and digital) landscape
- Entertainment Lover – must be passionate about TV & the entertainment business
- Able to prioritize and manage remote relationships
- Well organized and team oriented working attitude
- Advanced computer skills – being highly proficient in Excel & PowerPoint is essential
- 2+ years of experience in product management at FMCG companies and /or home entertainment industry and / or TV broadcaster.