| || Duties: This senior role in the Communications Department is responsible for developing and driving an external, internal and executive communications strategy for Bleacher Report. This person will work closely with Turner's communications team and Bleacher Report senior leadership to define and communicate a shared vision and set an overall tone for the organization. S/he is responsible for managing the development and implementation of external/internal communications strategies with the goal of advancing exposure and awareness for Bleacher Report with key stakeholders including employees, media/reporters, social influencers, digital/tech community, advertising/agency partners and consumers. |
The qualified individual will be based in New York City and will report directly to the VP of Communications, Turner Sports, while also working closely with the SVP and Domestic Communications Officer, Turner. This is a leadership communications position with a high level of visibility across the organization and with the senior management team. This individual will work closely with staff to guide them in the day-to-day running of the Bleacher Report communications department and major publicity initiatives, including an expanding number of consumer-facing live event opportunities, while applying a cutting-edge approach. They will work to develop a cohesive message, leadership position and brand image for Bleacher Report.
This position requires a progressive thinker and mature self-starter with the confidence and the experience to guide and shape a communications agenda that has executive endorsement, as well as an ability to partner with multiple cross-functional teams.
Qualifications: Position Responsibilities include: Strong ability to develop messaging strategy, media relations, thought leadership programs and communications for Bleacher Report. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Formulate and execute a comprehensive internal and external communications framework and strategy.
- Engage with the Bleacher Report leadership team and Turner Sports' VP of Communications to identify and drive a comprehensive communication strategy and messaging across platforms. Develop communications and public relations plans; partner with the Bleacher Report team, Turner corporate communications, sports programming and marketing, as well as other functions to support the overall needs of the business.
- Advise senior leadership on media strategy, messaging and outreach. Review publicity needs with B/R leadership team and recommend methods to obtain coverage and achieve/enhance efforts.
- Develop a holistic approach to executive communications that strategically combines the most high impact use of social, press and speaking engagements.
- Build deep relationships with a variety of reporters/media outlets, influencers and other external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of the different roles and values of media relations, executive communications and internal communications, as well as the ability to combine these effectively as part of an integrated team and strategy.
- Develop and guide the implementation of a comprehensive and strategic communications plan incorporating public relations efforts to support publicity activities, a growing number of fan-centric events, openings, VIP handling, thought leadership, consumer media relations, trade media relations, crisis communications, employee/internal communications, etc., to create maximum awareness of Bleacher Report's business and specific projects.
- Exceptional writer/editor who will direct the drafting of press releases, media advisories, speeches and external and internal communications in support of Bleacher Report.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal teams on external communications including, but not limited to, social media, company websites, events, etc.
- Collaborate with communications teams across Turner divisions.
- Work closely with the VP of Communications, Turner Sports, to develop and assure the consistent dissemination of the company's key corporate messages.
- Provide strategic communications counsel and executive support to management, including identifying and securing appropriate speaking engagements and opportunities for presentations and preparing company representatives for interviews, appearances and special events.
- Extend Bleacher Report's leadership position through creation/implementation of effective forums.
- Manage crisis communications.
- Oversee press events, stay abreast of new technology and develop new ideas to reach audiences and influencers via the press and engage with the public overall across a wide spectrum of social platforms.
- 12+ years experience in communications with leadership and team management experience.
- Experience executing media campaigns, crisis management, building relationships with media and working with executives; Solid understanding of social, digital and sports media.
- Experience working within the technology, media, social, or sports industries.
- Experience managing corporate issues and project management.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required
- Strategic thinking
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Seasoned decision maker
- Project management
- Excellent media relations
- Budget management
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.