Warner Bros. Animation is seeking an Assistant Production Manager to support a 2D Animated series for Netflix. The Assistant Production Manager will be responsible for monitoring and tracking production materials and approvals on a daily basis, reports progress to production manager, and organizes all material for shipping to overseas studios.
What part will you play?
- Completes script and storyboard breakdowns for character, props, efx, and background designs. Allocates design work to artists and follows through to completion. Assigns appropriate due dates based on established production schedule. Follows through with assignments to maintain scheduled delivery dates.
- May be asked to create digital storyboard files in Flix from original boards, including dialogue and action descriptions.
- Schedules all meetings and reviews, as needed.
- Tracks all art related materials through Shotgun.
- Prepares storyboards, model packs, and background layouts for distribution.
- Organizes and maintains systems for monitoring production flow of assigned artwork: sets up files, keeps a log of start/complete dates of assignments, labels materials, etc.
- Organizes launch material for storyboard team, and maintains communication through entire storyboard process.
- Responsible for transmission of storyboards to editorial; Tracks editorial changes based on internal and client feedback.
- Prepares a status report weekly for the production meetings; Responsible for clear and concise note taking in all meetings.
- Shot production – responsible for tracking all versions of every stage of every shot.
- Communicates with Vendor via notes and daily queries.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Trade school degree or certification; Bachelor’s degree in related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years previous work experience at the coordinator level or above in animation production or equivalent production experience.
- Strong knowledge of Animation workflow processes.
- Ability to adapt to changing software applications.
- Proficiency required with Microsoft Word, Excel, Flix, Shotgun.
- Proficiency preferred with Photoshop, Toon Boom, Adobe Acrobat.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with production team including Producers, Directors, and Artists.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills to balance priorities amid the pressures of busy, deadline-driven production.
- Must be pro-active problem solver and have ability to lead with a positive attitude, and encourage collaboration.