| || Time Warner Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks and film and TV entertainment, uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide on a multi-platform basis.
Our operating divisions, Home Box Office, Inc., Time Warner Corporate, Turner, and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. share a dedication to light up the world’s screens with the best storytelling, across technological frontiers and geographic boundaries. They maintain unrivaled reputations as homes for creativity and excellence, with brands and leading scale that attract the best talent and ideas, and allow creative talent and journalists to realize their visions and share them with the world.
| || THE DEPARTMENT|
As finance partner to the Benefits department, the Corporate Accounting - Benefits Finance team supports the administration of enterprise-wide benefit plans that include health & welfare plans, savings plans, and retirement plans covering more than 20,000 employees. The Benefits Finance department oversees financial planning & analysis, accounting, and reporting activities related to such benefit plans that have an annual spend greater than $500 million.
The team is looking for an energetic individual with intellectual curiosity and good interpersonal skills to fill in the role of Financial Analyst on a temporary assignment. Responsibilities include budgeting and forecasting, data analysis and visualization, compliance and reporting activities as it relates to the benefit plans offered by the company. The financial analyst will have the opportunity to develop an in-depth knowledge of benefit plan design and strategy, as well as develop soft skills in building relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Prepare budgets and periodic forecasts for various benefit plans
- Perform actual vs budget/reforecast and prior year variance analysis
- Analyze health plan costs and prepare dashboards and data visualizations for key insights
- Utilize data systems and applications for analysis and reporting purposes
- Support divisions and other corporate departments (HR Benefits, Treasury, Legal, Tax)
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and year end processes (e.g. 10Q and 10K)
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, journals and process plan funding and payments
- Assist with management of healthcare and retirement spend budgets
- Support ad-hoc Benefits Finance projects as needed
- Minimum 2 - 3 years’ work experience in an accounting and/or analytical function
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Peoplesoft, SAP, Oracle or similar system preferred
- Skilled use of V-Lookups, Pivot Tables and other excel formulas
- Good analytical capabilities and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to teamwork and strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics)